Placencia Belize Cottages
Owning real estate at Robert’s Grove Beach Resort is a true privilege. The Belize Tourism Board (BTB) selected Robert’s Grove Hotel of the Year in 2008 and Tour Guide of the Year in 2009. Travel website Trip Advisor issued Roberts Grove Beach Resort the prestigious “Certificate of Excellence” in May 2011. In October 2011 Conde Nast Traveler announced that Robert’s Grove was one of the 3 best hotels in all of Central America. Recently, The New York Times #1 bestseller, One Thousand Places to See Before You Die by Patricia Schultz, was republished and listed Robert’s Grove Beach Resort as one of the “places”. Robert’s Grove Beach Resort is very excited to announce the introduction and immediate availability of our Marina Residences. A high level of professional design, quality construction, unlimited resort amenities and exceptional value is just one of the attributes setting us apart from other properties. Visit us for a complimentary tour of this exciting addition to our award winning resort and experience the many benefits of ownership at Placencia’s only operating full service marina. Enjoy.
The Marina Residences
Our operating marina on the lagoon side across from our beach resort is undergoing a complete rejuvenation. We are revamping the entire facility and we have constructed 3,635 feet of new hardwood boardwalk (almost ¾ of a mile!), private boat slips, full-service marina facilities along with residential lots, now officially for sale. Robert’s Grove currently provides the only operating marina with residential ownership on the entire Placencia Peninsula. Visit our marina to see what a truly unique experience and opportunity awaits you. Enjoy the sun setting behind the Maya mountains. Dine at our “Habaneros” Mexican restaurant and bar or at our new French Bakery. Jump on our dive boat for a trip to the world’s 2nd largest barrier reef or just relax on your boat and experience a true boating community. The opportunities are endless. Owning a home here is unique and provides you with full use of our award-winning amenities and facilities. As an owner you are our permanent guest.
- We provide the lot then you design and build your home.
- 31 residential lots are just now (March 2012) being released for sale.
- Three different lot sizes are available: 75’ x 87’, 75’ x 108’ and 80’ x 152’
- Your receive full ownership and title to the property
- Protective Covenants and Bylaws are in place.
- Design review board assures a harmonious community.
- Each lot includes minimum 75 feet of board walk/ boat dockage and one electric/water boat hookup.
- Partaking in our rental income program is optional and will offer you many benefits: Investment Income, Marketing, Maintenance & Property management.
- 3,635 feet of just completed boardwalk/dockage surrounding the Residences. Almost 3/4 of a mile! And all beautiful hardwood!
- Full service marina with protected harbor
- Membership in the Robert’s Grove Residents Club.
- Enjoy the many benefits of belonging to a full-service resort: maid & laundry service, airport shuttle, concierge service, security, and much, much more.
- Pricing is set to $US 150,000 per lot.
As a member of the Robert’s Grove Beach Resort community you receive value added services and amenities that go far beyond basic ownership of a home in Belize.
- 22 acre resort grounds stretching from Caribbean Sea to Placencia Lagoon
- Two private islands with overnight accommodations & quick access to the reef.
- Two 50 ft. freshwater swimming pools overlooking the beach
- PADI Gold Certified International Dive Center offering daily diving and snorkeling trips and dive instruction
- Sport Fishing Center and Pro Shop providing fishing tours (fly, cast and deep sea)
- Professional dive boat and Sport fishing boat.
- Fine Dining Seaside Restaurant and Bar, "Where you can taste some of Belize's best cuisine" according to Travel & Leisure magazine.
- "Sea Spa" for enjoying a wide variety of massages and body treatments.
- Complimentary use of the Inn's canoes, kayaks, windsurfers, sailboats, Hobie-cats and bicycles
- New French Bakery and Coffee Shop (espressos, croissants, etc)
- Wedding planning
How to Make a Purchase
- Contact Robert’s Grove Beach Resort email@example.com or the real estate firm Boris Mannsfeld & Associates Boris@RealBelizeEstate.com.
- Complete purchase agreement
- Make 10% earnest money deposit in escrow account
- 3rd party closing company or attorney completes title search and closing documents; all documents and signatures are handled via Federal Express. You do not need to be here for the closing.
- Pay balance via bank wire at closing in 30 days
- Buyer must pay approximately $US 2,000 in closing fees and the 5% (of purchase price) stamp duty (registration fee to Government of Belize)
Bank Financing for a Purchase
- Financing is available from several Belize banks.
- Maximum loan term is 15 years with refinancing options.
- Amortization of 15 years
- Loan to Value ratio is 60%
- Interest rate is 7% to 9%